Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Executive Interview: Thorsten Chmielus, CEO of Aaronia AG


http://www.microwavejournal.com/articles/26038-executive-interview-thorsten-chmielus-ceo-of-aaronia

Microwave Journal recently included an interview with Aaronia CEO Thorsten Chmielus.
Image result for thorsten chmielus

He started his first business at 15, dropped out of school and now runs a successful, innovative company. His engineering education was not what would be termed "conventional."  


"I started my first business when I was just 15 years old, as I have always been interested in electronics and PCs. Unfortunately, we didn’t have a garage at home, so my bedroom was the place for my creative development. I also tried to start several graduate studies but I finished none of them. I was completely bored by the subjects and didn’t find them innovative and up to date. So I preferred to start my own business and have the freedom of doing the things I liked the most and turning my inspiration in the direction I wanted to go.

It was the time of the Commodore C64. After a while, I felt the urge to program for myself, which led me to build and program hardware and software for my Sinclair ZX81. The first measurement equipment I invented was an AD modifier for the ZX81 with “unbelievably” 8 bits!

Our first production of the HF-Detektor (a broadband RF meter) opened the way for the company to be what it has become today. From this kind of meter, we have progressed to our most popular products: our SPECTRAN spectrum analyzers. We were the first in the world offering a REAL handheld spectrum analyzer, while some companies insist their 10 kg analyzers are “handheld” analyzers, too.  As well as our SPECTRAN analyzer, our antennas are in great demand. They are sold to and listed by many big brands, like Keysight, Rohde & Schwarz and Viavi Solutions.

We have so many ideas but, unfortunately, we can’t realize all of them because of a shortage of staff. Only 20 percent of our ideas can be realized at the moment.  Aaronia is primarily known for its spectrum analyzers, which are based on a patented spectrum analyzer process.   It’s not only one patent; there are 12 patents on it!

Our Stectran V5 is the world’s first and only handheld real-time spectrum analyzer and offers a real-time bandwidth of up to 175 MHz. Furthermore, we offer real-time I/Q streaming via USB, a very fast sweep mode, which scans 20 GHz in less than 20 ms, and we can offer ultra-fast LO sweeps (μs DDS sweep). Also, the analyzer is extremely compact and lightweight, and the touch display has a high resolution. Together with our recording software RTSA Suite, the SPECTRAN V5 is becoming an unbeatable team. I think it will inspire every engineer, semi and professional user.

Read on here: http://www.microwavejournal.com/articles/26038-executive-interview-thorsten-chmielus-ceo-of-aaronia

No comments: