Thursday, November 7, 2019

What is V-I Signature Testing?


What is V-I Signature Testing? Powerful Solutions in PCB Repair and Test Technologies; SYSTEM 8 Advanced Matrix Scanner (AMS) V-I signature testing is an established and reliable technique for component fault finding on both analog and digital boards. An AC voltage is applied to a test point (via a current limiting resistor) and the resulting current is measured. The results are plotted on a voltage/current graph which displays the signature of the test point. 

Analysis of a V-I signature, usually by comparison with a reference, can lead to finding faults such as: -Leaky components -Internally damaged components -Incorrect value components -Inconsistent components -Short and open circuits Increased fault coverage with frequency sweep The Advanced Matrix Scanner (AMS) module increases the fault coverage by varying the frequency of the AC voltage at which the V-I signature is acquired. The resulting curve is plotted in three dimensions which allows the variations of the V-I signatures to be observed over a frequency range. This can lead to finding faults that are not visible with a standard V-I analysis.  


http://www.saelig.com/abi-system-8/TSTEQPCB004.htm

No comments: